Psychobiology Section Annual Scientific Meeting 2017
Wednesday 6th September 2017 - Friday 8th September 2017 at Low Wood Bay Hotel, Windermere
Psychobiology describes the interaction between biological systems and behaviour. Psychobiologists research how psychological factors like cognition, mood and appraisal combine with biological events like stress physiology, changes in brain function, and pharmacological effects, to shape the human experience. Striving to understand psychological and biological interactions provides psychobiology with a unique perspective on humanity.
The British Psychological Society Psychobiology Section Annual Scientific Meeting will be held 6th – 8th September 2017 on the shores of Lake Windermere. Features of the meeting include:
Features of the meeting this year include:
- Outstanding guest lecturers: Professor Kavita Vedhara (Nottingham University) and Professor Marcus Munafo (University of Bristol). Sponsored by Linton Instrumentation.
- Non-parallel oral and poster sessions so your research gets heard
- Two free places for postgraduate students (includes registration and accommodation)
- One free undergraduate student place via the undergraduate project prize (includes registration and accommodation). Sponsored by Stratech Scientific Ltd.
- Conference meal, late bar and entertainment on Thursday 7th September
- Special 24 hour package for postgraduates at the very competitive price of £84.00
We look forward to welcoming old friends and making new acquaintances at the 2017 Psychobiology Section Annual Scientific Meeting.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives
The meeting is open to all and provides opportunities to:
- network and develop collaborative research with enthusiastic and friendly co-investigators
- showcase research findings and benefit from insights and suggestions from experienced researchers
- keep up to date with the latest developments in psychobiology
- develop the confidence of postgraduate students in the art of academic conferencing
- encourage undergraduate students to enter an academic psychobiology career via the undergraduate project prize
- all this in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere away from the bustle of the everyday workplace
Who is the course intended for?
This conference welcomes academic psychologists, postgraduate and undergraduate students.
Call for Submissions
If you are intested in making a oral presentation, poster, workshop or symposia submission, please make your submission by 23:59 Sunday 2nd July 2017 via the online submissions system.
Registration fees can be found on the booking form by clicking the button below. If you have any queries please contact us via the event hotline on 01332 224507.