Educational Psychology in Scotland Implementing Change with Partners
Venue: Heriot-Watt Conference Centre, Edinburgh
Date: Friday 20th September 2013
Annual Conference for Educational Psychologists in Scotland (SDEP/ASPEP)
The theme for this year's one day conference reflects the development of collaborative working this year between our profession and key partners along with feedback from last year's event. Sub themes have been used to inform the workshop sessions.
The keynote speakers for this year's conference are; Guy Claxton, Jackie Brock and Lynn Townsend.
There will be two workshop sessions focusing on key themes of:
- learning, teaching and development - how are EPs supporting changes in learning and teaching to improve outcomes for children and young people?
- working with partners to get it right for every child - how are EPs supporting changes in practice and implementation of GIRFEC principles to improve outcomes for children and young people?
We welcome workshops from EP Services who are working collaboratively with partners, third sector and other Psychological Services. Feedback from delegates suggests that they welcome opportunities for dialogues, sharing practice and the possibility of generating research and development opportunities in their own services - we would appreciate it if you could consider this when planning your workshop.
We look forward to receiving workshops proposals and poster presentation titles from Services by Thursday 16th May. Workshop proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and contain the following information:
- Workshop or Poster title, service and presenter details
- Abstract of no more than 500 words (workshops only)
Workshop proposals will be considered by the conference committee, decisions will be made in June, based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference themes
- Representation from as broad a range of services as possible
- Information provided within the workshop summary
If you wish to register for this event please complete the online booking form. If you have any queries please contact us via the event hotline on 01332 227779.
If you have any questions or queries please contact members of the conference committee
Sarah Philp - email@example.com
Jennifer King - firstname.lastname@example.org