Understanding quantitative analysis
Venue: BPS Offices, Tabernacle Street, London
Date: Friday 14th June 2013
The day will cover an introduction to quantitative research methods and explore the practicalities of conducting quantitative research. The session will focus on a review of different quantitative analysis methods, for example, t-tests, ANOVA, MANOVA and Regression analysis. The session will then introduce (or review where applicable) more advanced quantitative techniques such as Multiple Regression, Factor analysis, Path Analysis, Structural Equation Modelling and Meta-Analysis. The session will include discussions of some of the pragmatics and practicalities of conducting quantitative research and analysis.
This workshop is intended for those needing a refresher or introduction to key features of quantitative research and analysis and a review of some of the advanced quantitative analysis approaches.
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Understand the general principles of a quantitative approach
- Understand the key principles of each quantitative approach
- Understand the essential criteria for carrying out quantitative analysis
- Be aware of the specific practicalities of carrying out quantitative research and analysis
- Have an understanding of the interpretation and implications of the findings
Facilitator: Dr Kate E Nicholls MBPsS
If you wish to register for this event please complete the online booking form. If you have any queries please contact us via the event hotline on 01332 224506.
EVENT BOOKING BPS TERMS & CONDITIONS, DOWNLOAD