Safe & Sound? National Conference 2007
Venue: Pride Park Stadium, Derby
Date: Tuesday 23rd October 2007
1st National Conference for those working with Exploited Children and Young People
The National Working Group has developed as a support group for individuals and service providers working with children and young people who are at risk of or who experience exploitation. Its membership covers voluntary and statutory services including health, education and social services.
The principal objective is to offer support and advice to those working with children and young people under eighteen who are affected by exploitation.
As such, the national working group plays a role in developing policy and practice in the field informed by practice.
- To provide a forum for projects or organisations concerned with theexploitation of young people
- To provide links into current research, policy and project developments within the field and offer opportunity for examples of good, bad and developing practice to be shared and discussed.
- To encourage co-ordination of different approaches and aim to contribute to the development of UK wide policy and practice
- To encourage child centred practice that recognises and respects diversity.
- To develop an appropriate support network for services working with young people at risk of, or experiencingexploitation.
- To enable the group to be heard as a collective group of projects and organisations working in the field ofexploitation
This is the first National Conference organised by Safe and Sound Derby in association with the National Working Group who's key aim is to bring together the professionals working within the sector, to share best practice and discuss key issues faced. Wednesday 24 October 2007, Pride Park Stadium, Derby